May 2004 Bulletin Lombard Lions
Club-2004 -In Review & Notes
2004. a number of Lombard Lions' Club Projects have taken place
and a debt of gratitude is extended to those project
chairpersons for insuring their success:
1. Pancake Breakfast - Lion Orr
2. The 16th annual Make Someone Special Event- Lions
McCoy, Caputo, Korte
3. The "Show Your Love" Calendar Raffle- Lion Pulice
4. High school Scholarship Program- Lion Korte
5. Lilac Parade Float- Lions Hulseberg, & Wilk Sr.
6. The Lilac Parade & Brats Stand- Lions Caputo, Goclan
7. The Annual Installation Dinner & Golf- Lion Caputo
Affairs High school Program-
9. The 3rd Annual Family Picnic- Lion Hulseberg
10. Cruise Night June 26 Lion Tobey & Committee
11. Past President Lion Pam for our comfortable Board
Meeting Environment and her work done on the Newsletter.
12. Congratulations and thanks to all the Lions and spouses that
continue to provide the manpower and financial support that
allows us to be better at what we do each year.
13. A special note of appreciation to the Lombard Lions Board
for always having a quorum so that we could conduct business in
a timely manner.
and his wife will graciously host the 3rd annual
Lombard Lions Club Picnic
their home on Saturday, June 26th at 12:30 pm. We
need a count of the number of Lions and family members that will
attend so that we can order food and beverages. Please contact
Lion Hulseberg or Lion Turcotte before June 24th.
calendar and contact Lion Tobey about a time you can help that
aka SARAH’S SHACK
mentioned at the last meeting that our net profit at the stand
on May 16th at the Lilac Parade was double that of
last year. The sale of Cotton Candy was again a huge success. We
thank Alex Kudulis for his generous donation of time for the
day, as well as all the members and spouses that responded to
The Call from Lion Cal for put-up work and clean-up.
Repairs and upgrade continue to be made to the "shack" and a few
more surprises are in store for next year. Please give the Board
any suggestions you may have.
Officers & Directors for 2004/2005 will be listed in our new
format starting in June for the next calendar year.
You can look forward to other newsworthy notes and color
commentary such as: The Highest Golf Score; Our Scholarship
recipients for 2004; Our Impressive Award for Candy Day 2003
from The Lions of Illinois Foundation at the State Convention on
May16th; Lombard Lions Club”Lion of The Year Award"; The 2003
Lombard Lions "CANDYMAN CAN" Award; Who the member is this year
for "Lifetime Membership Award" and the Silver Membership Card;
and last but not least The Lombard Lions "One Hundred Day
Challenge" and the 2004 Candy Day Chairpersons Report. Please
check the website often.
As this fiscal year draws to a close our prayers go out to Lion
President Sandy and Past-Past Prez. Hulseberg as they continue
to mend. We look forward to their return!
Sincerely in Lionism,
President-elect Lion Doc Ernie" Candyman Can" Turcotte